Free business registration on ADCgo.com
Bugatti Type 41 N 41111 - 1932-1938
The first bugatti type 41 royale no. 41111 was delivered in 1932 to armand esders, a wealthy manufacturer of ready-to-wear clothing. Its superbly proportioned two-seat roadster bodywork was designed by ettore bugattis son jean. This particular bugatti was one of the most beautiful and extravagant cars ever built.
Top speed of 105 mph
engine typedrivetrain: Water-cooled, overhead-cam, stra ight-8
displacement 12,763 cc (12.76 l) power rating 300 hp
transmission 3-speed manual
(overdrive top) + reverse
chassis: Channel-steel; Front suspension by semielliptic leaf springs; Rear suspension by reversed quarter-elliptic leaf springs with auxiliary quarter-elliptic leaf springs ahead of axle; 4-wheel drum brakes; 6,600 lbs.
esders did not drive at night, so his car had no headlights (though a set was kept in a special container in the trunk in case of emergencies!). In 1938, the car passed into the ownership of a wealthy philanthropist, the banker and politician tome-patenotre, who replaced the roadster coachwork with a coupe de ville body, built by binder. The original two-seater body was preserved in the bugatti works until the late fifties.
crossing the atlantic
after a spell in england after world war ii, no. 41111 crossed the atlantic in 1952. Several owners later, it was bought by the harrah collection of reno, nevada, in 1964. Since 1966, it has belonged to general w. Lyon of newport beach, california. In 1990, the french national
automobile museum at mulhouse, which has the worlds largest collection of bugattis, recreated the esders body on a replica royale chassis powered by a 12.7-litre engine from a bugatti railroad car
Bugatti royale no. 41111, originally fitted with an extravagant two-seat roadster body, now carries this binder coupe de ville coachwork.
Add business to ADCgo.com